Effective Date: 23 March 2022
The site www.kilian-paris.ae is hereby referred to as (“Site”).
1. Information Collected
Personal data about you may be collected through your use of the Site, when you provide it at stores or when you participate in events. When you visit this Site, information about your device or usage by automated means, including using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons may also be collected.
1.1. Information You ProvideYou may provide personal data relating either to yourself or other individuals in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on the Site or in stores, or when you create an account on the Site. The types of personal data you provide may include:
• Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
• Age or date of birth
• Username and password, nickname/screen name
• Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code)
• Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address, and billing address)
• Purchase history
• Product preferences
• Your skin type / skin condition
• Your hair type
• Your physical characteristics and your skincare concerns
• Contact information of friends, family or other people you would like to receive a product or message on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have consented to receive messages)
• Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
• Information provided through social media networks (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details)
The Site is not intended or designed to attract or be otherwise used by children under the age of 18 years. It is not intended to collect personal information from or about children under the age of 18 years. Children under the age of 18 years should not submit any personal information via the Site. If you believe that your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that their information be removed from the systems, please submit a request to the contact information as mentioned below and reasonable efforts will be made to comply with your request.
1.1.1. How Your Information is Used
Your information will be used to:
• Enable the functioning and services provided via the Site,
• Provide you with related benefits and services and to engage in / carry out the activities that would enable and assist in providing you the benefits and any services arising out of you accessing and using the Site,
• Operate, evaluate and improve business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving services; managing communications; analyzing products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions),
• Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers,
• Send you promotional materials or other communications with your consent,
• Create and manage your online account, including access to your purchase history
• Collect your payment card transactions and/or gift card transactions, through online payment gateways,
• Create a profile about you based on the information you provided in order to tailor advertisements to your interests, find appropriate skin or hair care routine and manage the effectiveness of marketing efforts,
• Post your product reviews,
• Tailor ads displayed to you on the Site and elsewhere to your interests and history,
• Operate and communicate with you about the brands’ social network pages,
• Place ads on third-party websites,
• Enable product listing, sales and fulfilment
• Manage product returns and exchanges
• Communicate with you or responding to your inquiries, grievances and complaints
• Process transactions performed by you on the Site,
• Administer or otherwise carry out obligations to you,
• Transfer information about you if acquired by or merged with another company or otherwise required to be transferred to another entity for the purposes of providing you with the services on the site,
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and Site policies, respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
• Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of the site or as otherwise required by law.
All the personally identifiable information may also be removed from your information and the rest of the data / information enlisted above may be used for historical or statistical purposes.
1.1.2. Legal Basis for Use of the Information
Your information will be used for the above purposes if (to the extent permitted under applicable law):
• it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
• your consent has been obtained; or if
1.2. Information Collected by Automated Means
When you visit this Site, view or click on the online advertisements (including advertisements on third party websites), visit the brands’ social media pages, certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons is also collected. For example, your IP address, your unique device identifier (or other device identifier) and/or geo-location data may be collected in order to offer you certain features or functionalities. As set forth in more detail below, information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies may also be collected.
1.2.1. Technologies Used
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. The following types of cookies are set on this site.
18.104.22.168. Internal Cookies Essential for the Site to Work
The Site uses first-party cookies to help the site work in the best possible manner. You can opt out of receiving these cookies and disable them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that without these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, website web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to the site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, tags may be placed on the web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
22.214.171.124. Third Party Web Analytics Cookies
• To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
• Certain Google Analytics Advertising Features (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Display Network Impression Reporting or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) maybe implemented. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through Google Ad settings or by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ . The data provided by these features will be used as described under “How Your Information Collected is Used”.
126.96.36.199. Third Party Cookies Intended to Improve the Interactivity of the Site
This site may also support certain third-party services, including social sharing buttons Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, tweet lists (twitter) and videos posted on the site (YouTube). These features use third party cookies that are directly set on your device by these services. When you first visit the site, a cookie banner will inform you of the use of these cookies. They will only be used if you accept them or if you continue using this site.
188.8.131.52. How can you manage your cookies?
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies used for certain purposes on the Site, except for strictly necessary cookies that are essential for the Site to work. You can refuse or opt-out of receiving certain categories of cookies or change your preference settings at any time by clicking on the cookies consent tool below. Please note, however, that without certain of these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.Please also note that most web browsers accept cookies by default. You may also be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies. The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
• Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome
To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. Targeted Advertising
Third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, may also be used to show you interest-based ads. Your email address, telephone number or other information may be converted into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your preferences by clicking on the cookie control tool below and unselect the “targeting” setting. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which is strongly suggested you review.
3. Information Processed
Your personal data is not sold, rented or otherwise disclosed, except as described here. Information collected from you or via your use of the site, including your personal data may be processed (ex. accessed, used, stored, disclosed) by:
• Estee Lauder Middle East Fze (as brand licensor) and its global affiliates and group entities for the purpose of product development, marketing, profiling, targeted advertising, cookie collection and analytics, R&D, platform and technology services, and platform security and look and feel.
• Allied Enterprises L.LC (as the seller of the products of the Site) and its affiliates and business partners for product sales and fulfilment, product returns and exchanges, customer care such as chat with you or responding to your inquiries, grievances and complaints.
• Service providers who perform services based on instructions, where information is necessary to perform the services or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
• Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, information about you may be disclosed (i) if required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data collected from you. To update your preferences, ask to remove your information from mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
• Email Opt-Out
You can at any time opt-out of marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive or by contacting the address as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails by contacting email@example.com.
• Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Text Message Opt-Out
If you so elect, you may provide your mobile phone number in order to receive text message alerts containing product and event information, cosmetics tips or promotions (“Text Messages”). No fee is charged to you for you to receive Text Messages, however, your mobile service provider may charge you for sending and/or receiving text messages and air-time, as well as any other standard applicable rates charged by your mobile service provider. If you do elect to receive them and later decide that you would no longer like to receive these Text Messages, see the “Your Rights and Choices” Section.
Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, certain factors relating to message delivery or guarantee availability or performance of this service cannot be controlled, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. To receive help with Text Messages, you can contact email@example.com.
In general, in order to stop receiving text messages, you can text STOP to the five-digit short code indicated in the message you have received. You will then receive confirmation of your opt-out of that text messaging program.You can also choose not to receive text messages by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying that you no longer want to receive text messages.
• Push notifications and in-app alerts and updates
With your consent when you visit the Site or, you may be provided with the option to opt in to receive push notifications on your device. These push notifications may include promotional communications regarding the products and services. You may, opt out of receiving push notifications by adjusting the settings on your device or web browser. Opting out of push notifications will not affect other communications you have opted to receive, such as email communications. You also may receive alerts and updates regarding products and services or your Site accounts.
• Withdrawing Consent
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided at any time with effect for the future by contacting email@example.com. This will not affect the lawfulness of the use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
• Accessing, Updating or Deleting Personal Data or Restricting or Objecting to their Use
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and rectification of the personal data maintained about you, or to request the restriction of the use of this information, as appropriate. For all other purposes, you may object at any time to the use of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, in accordance with applicable law. These rights may be limited in some circumstances under applicable law. Reasonable steps may be taken to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Geo-Location Information
When you use the site, you may be asked for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.Some other information about your specific or general geo-location may also be collected automatically for instance, by virtue of your public internet protocol (IP) address. Such information would inter alia help identify the location and country from which you are visiting the site.
In the event you wish to know the names and addresses of the third parties your information has been disclosed to, you may request for such information by contacting email@example.com. Reasonable efforts will be made to revert to you within a reasonable period of time, with the information that you require.
6. Data Retention
Your information provided is kept for the duration of your relationships with the Site, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or if required under applicable law. If you wish to receive marketing communications, the necessary information will be kept to send you these communications following the end of your customer relationship or following their collection, if you are a prospective customer. For additional information about data retention policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How Personal Data is Protected
Appropriate technical and organizational safeguards are maintained to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular to protect your personal data against accidental unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Reasonable security practices and procedures are adopted for the purposes of securing personal information and comply with all applicable laws in this regard. You agree that such measures are secure and adequate. However, no security system is perfect, and it cannot be promised that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission or the security of data on your device. There is always a risk that a third party, without authorization, might unlawfully access the systems or otherwise access personal information. The Site is also not responsible for the authenticity of any information which is provided by you or otherwise collected from your use of the Site, whether personal or otherwise.
8. Links to Other Websites
The website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from the Site. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which is strongly suggested to be reviewed by you if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by the Site, the Site is not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
10. Governing Law
Your shipping address Country
Legal entity acting as data controller
United Arab Emirates
Personal data processed for the purpose of: marketing, profiling, targeted advertising, product development, cookie collection and analytics, R&D, platform and technology services, and platform security and look and feel: Estee Lauder Middle East Fze
(Dubai Airport Free Zone), Suite 501 5Th Floor,
East Wing III, P.O. Box 54343,
Dubai Airport Free Zone,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Personal data processed for the purpose of: product sales and fulfilment, product returns and exchanges, customer care such as chat with you or responding to your inquiries, grievances and complaints:
Allied Enterprises L.L.C
PO box 30069 Dubai United Arab Emirates